We take a look back on the bargain white wines we recommended this year and pick our ten best. As in our selection of the best ten red wines of 2011, we have chosen the white wines on a combination of their rating and present availability in wine shops and stores.
We have provided a link to the post containing the original review of each wine, the price, and where to purchase it.
- 90 Points Cameron Hughes Lot 242 Atlas Peak Chardonnay
- 90 Points Robert Mondavi Napa Valley Chardonnay
- 89 Points Patianna 2009 Sauvignon Blanc
- 89 Points Tramin 2009 Pinot Grigio
- 89 Points Paco & Lola 2010 Albariño
- 88 Points Seta Cepas 2009 Albariño
- 88 Points Brassfield Serenity 2009
- 88 Points Montgras 2008 Chardonnay
- 87 Points Crios De Susana Balbo 2010 Torrentes
- 87 Points Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc-Viognier
- 87 Points Hanna 2010 Sauvignon Blanc*
A few of these wines are reaching the end of their vintage and may not be available in the near future.
On the BevMo Website, they indicate that the current Montgras Chardonnay on their shelves is the 2009. However two stores I checked still are stocked with the 2008 and no sign of 2009 vintage.
*I have not formerly reviewed the 2010 Hanna but I can guarantee it is a terrific S.B. and a great value. Costco always seems to have a very good supply of this wine.
Vintage Wine Taster Mike recently started his own wine blog: MikeOnWines. Take a look!
Next week watch for our list of the top sparkling wines available for your Holiday festivities and celebrations.