Every other month, the ten members of our Vintage Club meet to hold a blind tasting of six selected wines. Like a book club, at the previous meeting we decide on the particular wine varietal we want to taste and who will host the meeting. The host has two important jobs: research and select the wines, all must be under $20, and provide a delicious gourmet lunch following the tasting. On Tuesday, it was a blind tasting of six Shiraz wines, meticulously selected by our host Jim A (we have two Jim’s in the club). Here are the results of our wine tasting, the prices, and where the wines were purchased.
1. Schild 2007 Barossa – $15.49 at Costco
2. Layer Cake 2009 South Australia – $12.99 at K&L Wines
3. Pillar Box Reserve 2008 Padthaway – $10.02 for two at the BevMo Sale
4. Boarding Pass 2007 South Australia – $17.99 at BevMo
5. Penley Estate 2007 Hyland South Australia – $14.99 at K&L Wines
6. Robert Oakley 2007 Mudgee, New South Wales – $14.99 at K&L Wines
Our next tasting will be hosted by Joe and the wine selected is Tempranillo wines from Spain. Sorry, no California Tempranillo this time.